How do I set up text notifications for ticket updates?
Triggers are business rules you define. Based on certain conditions, the system can take a certain action. For example, via a Trigger, when a new comment is added on a ticket (condition), the helpdesk can send an email to a specific user (resulting action).
### Convert Email to Text Message
Most U.S. carriers allow subscribers to receive emails as text messages. Here are the addresses for the top U.S. carriers. Simply substitute an actual phone number, send the e-mail and it will arrive as a text message.
- Alltel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT&T: email@example.com
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile: email@example.com
- Sprint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verizon: email@example.com
- Nextel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Cellular: email@example.com
You can then set up a Trigger such as when a specified condition is met, the system can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.