With Mojo Helpdesk, you can update your users in bulk using a CSV file import.
1. Prepare your CSV file for import.
- Note if the helpdesk has the most recent data, you can [export your users](https://help.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/115436) as a starting point.
- You can import up to 3000 users at a time.
- File must be saved in CSV (comma separated values) format to import. Make sure your CSV file is encoded with UTF-8, to avoid any encoding errors.
2. If you have any custom fields, you can update the custom fields on your user profiles. Note the [custom fields need to be created](https://help.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/243968) before the import.
3. Once you have an updated CSV file of your users, go to `Admin Settings -> Import Data`. Select the CSV file to import and then click Next.
4. The helpdesk will detect the number of records. Since you're updating existing users, make sure to put a check mark on the `Update existing users` check box.
5. The email field is mandatory and will be used as the unique identifier for the upload. Match the CSV columns of the import to the Mojo fields.
6. Click `Import`
**Tips on setting up the CSV file and matching fields:**
- You can map the CSV file fields to the corresponding fields in Mojo Helpdesk.
- Below are the standard (existing) fields in a Mojo user profile:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Cell Phone
- Home Phone
- The email field is mandatory. You must have an email address entered for the user to import.
- When importing users, the user welcome email (login information) will NOT be sent to the new users unless you check the option to "notify new users".
- The password entered should be at least 6 characters long, or left blank.
- If the password field is left blank, the system will generate a random password for the new user on import.
- Any new values in the group/company field in the CSV import will be added to the helpdesk as a new group.
- If the group field is blank in the CSV import, the the user will be placed in the ‘Individuals’ group on import.
[WATCH VIDEO FOR CSV FILE SET UP]