Setting up auto-assignment
Managers of the help desk can set up automatic assignment of tickets using bots. Bots are a way to automate workflows based on certain conditions, "Whenever a ticket is created, updated or deleted, and the ticket meets certain conditions, then execute an action". In this case, that is auto-assignment. There are three options for auto-assignment in the trigger actions:
- Assign to an (one) agent: "Assign ticket to"
- "Assign agent with round robin method to team"
- “Assign agent with load-balancing method to team”
Option 2 and 3 involves the creation of Agent Teams and then bots.
How do I set up automatic assignment using a round robin or load-balanced method?
Create a teams for agents
- Go to Users > Staff Teams.
- Create a new team
- Add agents.
Set up the bot:
- Go to Admin Settings > business rules > bots
- Create a new bot
- Select an event to trigger the trigger. For auto-assignment, when a ticket is created would be an appropriate choice.
- Define the conditions. This could be a queue, form, or a ticket type.
- Select the action "Assign agent with round robin method to team" or "Assign agent with load-balancing method to team".
- Choose the appropriate team.
Note that when an agent is marked as "on vacation", they will be excluded from auto-assignment.