Discover advanced tools that save time
Can I set up auto-assignment?
Managers of the help desk can set up automatic assignment of tickets using triggers. Triggers are a way to automate workflows based on certain conditions, "Whenever a ticket is created, updated or deleted, and the ticket meets certain conditions, then execute an action". In this case, that is auto-assignment. There are three options for auto-assignment in the trigger actions:
- Assign to an (one) agent: "Assign ticket to"
- "Assign agent with round robin method to team"
- "Assign agent with load-balancing method to team"
The 1st option entails just setting up a trigger. More information on the mechanics of a triggers can be found here.
Option 2 and 3 involves the creation of Agent Teams and then Triggers.
How do I set up automatic assignment using a round robin or load-balanced method?
Create Agent Teams.
- Go to Admin Settings > Teams.
- Click on the red +new team button on the upper right.
- Define the team name and click on add agent.
- Add the desired agents.
Set up the trigger.
- Go to Admin Settings > Triggers.
- Click on the red +new trigger button on the upper right.
- Event: Select an event to trigger the trigger. For auto-assignment, when a ticket is created would be an appropriate choice.
- Conditions: Define the conditions. This could be a queue, form, or a ticket type.
- Action: Select the action "Assign agent with round robin method to team" or "Assign agent with load-balancing method to team".
- Choose the appropriate team.
Note that when an agent is marked as "on vacation", they will be skipped in the auto-assignment.
See other articles in Productivity Tools
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!