How do I import users?
If you are migrating from another help desk, then you may have existing tickets, users and assets you may want to move.
The recommended order of importing is as follows. Click on each of the items for more information on how to best import.
In Mojo Helpdesk you are able to quickly import users from a CSV file.
- You can import up to 3000 users at a time.
- File must be saved in CSV (comma separated values) format to import. Make sure your CSV file is encoded with UTF-8, to avoid any encoding errors
Following are the existing fields for Users:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Cell Phone
- Home Phone
- You can also import data for any custom fields, but first you'll need to create the custom field.
- When importing users, the user welcome email (login information) will NOT be sent to the new users unless you check the option to "notify new users".
Tips on setting up the CSV file and matching fields:
- You can map the CSV file fields to the corresponding fields in Mojo Helpdesk.
- The email field is mandatory. You must have an email address entered for the user to import.
- The password entered should be at least 6 characters long, or left blank.
- If the password field is left blank, the system will generate a random password for the new user on import.
- Any new values in the group/company field in the CSV import will be added to the helpdesk as a new group.
- If the group field is blank in the CSV import, the the user will be placed in the ‘Individuals’ group on import.
Want to update existing users through a CSV import? Head over to our KB article on updating users.