How do I import tickets?
If you are migrating from another help desk, then you may have existing tickets, users and assets you may want to move.
The recommended order of importing is as follows. Click on each of the items for more information on how to best import.
Importing tickets that are linked to assets? (Read the guide below)
You can import up to 3000 tickets at a time. Importing tickets will always create new tickets with new ticket id's. You are able to import from a CSV (comma separated values) file. Make sure the CSV file is encoded with UTF-8, to avoid any encoding errors.
This ticket information will import:
- Legacy ID (not shown on ticket)
- Creator's Email
- Assignee's Email
- Custom fields (must first be enabled on the ticket form)
Tips for setting up the CSV file and for matching fields
- In order for the ticket fields to import, the fields must first be enabled on the ticket form.
- If the ticket creator's email is not of an existing user, then the ticket will not be imported. (How to import users)
- If you are importing tickets that have an asset associated with them, then you'll need to import the asset first so that the link is properly created. (How to import assets)
- Any field marked as required on the ticket form is mandatory on import as well, i.e. title, description.
- The creator and assignee emails should include only the email address (without name) - i.e. email@example.com
- The creator's email field is mandatory, otherwise the ticket will not import.
- If the assignee's email is mapped to a user which is not an agent, then the ticket will be imported "unassigned".
- If there is a ticket queue to be matched and there is no ticket queue with that name, then a new ticket queue will be created and the ticket will be placed in it.
- Legacy ID is the old id of the ticket. All imported tickets will get new ticket ID.
- Status and Priority must be entered as numerical values to import. Use the table below when entering status and priority information in your CSV file.
- If the status is left blank it will default to either a “new” or “assigned” status depending on whether or not an assignee’s email is present.
- If the priority is left blank, it will default to a “normal” status on import.
- New= 10**
- Assigned= 15**
- In Progress= 20
- Hold= 30
- Info Requested= 40
- Solved= 50
- Closed= 60
**Default= New or Assigned
- Emergency= 10
- Urgent= 20
- Normal= 30**
- Low= 40
How do I import tickets and assets that are linked?
When importing tickets, you will need to map the columns from your CSV file with ticket's fields. One of the fields would be the asset. If that field is mapped, during the import the system will look in different asset fields in the order listed below to find the association. If a certain field is blank, then it will try the next one:
- Legacy Reference Number (asset)
- Asset Name
- Asset Tag
If an asset is found, it will be associated with the imported ticket.