How to import assets
If you are migrating from another help desk, then you may have existing tickets, users and assets you may want to move.
The recommended order of importing is as follows. Click on each of the items for more information on how to best import.
- Assets (below)
- Knowledge Base Articles
When having to deal with a large amount of assets, the ability to import them is a real time-saver. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using the import functionality:
- The current CSV import imports the first line. If you created a CSV file with titles in the first line, you should remove it before you import into Mojo.
- The CSV import expects the exact amount of fields in the exact sequence described (asset tag, serial number, legacy reference number, asset name, description, asset type, location, department, manager's email address, user's email address, notes, purchased date, cost, purchase order number, vendor, replaced date, warranty info, end of contract date, contract notes, status)
- Though the import function will create asset types, locations and departments, it currently only supports the import of 1 level of location and department. You are able to drag and drop types, locations and departments in order to create hierarchy.
- If you are importing assets that have a ticket associated with them, you will need to import the asset first, before doing a ticket import.
How do I import tickets and assets that are linked?
You are able to import linked assets and tickets while preserving their association. To do this, first you'll need to import the assets and then import the tickets.
When importing tickets, you will need to map the columns from your CSV file with ticket's fields. One of the fields would be the asset. If that field is mapped, during the import the system will look in different asset fields in the order listed below to find the association. If a certain field is blank, then it will try the next one:
- Legacy Reference Number (asset)
- Asset Name
- Asset Tag
If an asset is found, it will be associated with the imported ticket.